Friday, July 11, 2014

This Happened (on the Fourth of July)

I was riding my bicycle through City Park. This is where they have the city-sponsored fireworks display. Lots of people had already spread out their blankets by the lake. As I rode through the park, and this is the part I love, a guy who looked lost stopped me.

"Hey, bro. Uh, bro."

He was about 25, and he was probably drunk. I stopped, put both feet down on either side of the bike.

He said, "Uh, can I ask you a favor?"

Pause. We looked at each other.

I asked him, "Whaddaya need?"

He said, "Can you give me a ride downtown?"

I waited for a moment and said, "I don't think that'll work. I'm on a bicycle."

He looked me up and down, and said, "O-oh. Yeah. Right." He glanced up at the sky. "Ok. Thanks anyway."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger