Saturday, September 23, 2006

What Poetry Book Contests With a Fall Deadline Have I Missed?

Below are links to the guidelines for nine presses that are currently accepting poetry book submissions (and checks) right now. For some the deadline is at the end of September. Others the deadline is in November. My nine checks are written. My nine manila envelopes are packed, addressed, and sealed. On Monday, I'll take them to the post office.

I'm trying to build a list of publishers to send to. Copper Canyon's contest in November. Tupelo has a December 1 deadline. I have a month or so to get those envelopes stuffed.

What are the other fall/winter deadline poetry book contests? Which ones am I missing?


BOA Editions
New Issues
White Pine Press
Brittingham Award
Ohio State University Press (Journal Award)
CSU Fresno Phillip Levine Prize
The American Poetry Review/Honickman First Book Prize in Poetry
Bakeless Prize
Walt Whitman Award

3 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

Thank you for this great list of book contests! I was getting lax about thinking of them and this is a good kick in the ass. I wish you lots of luck!

9/25/2006 6:17 AM  
Blogger Don said...

http://newpages.com/literary/book_contests.htm
Here's a list of contests.

9/27/2006 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, man.

9/27/2006 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger