Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Sharing Makes My Air Fresher"

One of my sons made the above statement today while working with his brother to build the pictured couch pillow structure. One of the most interesting features of the structure is that if you drop a quarter into it, something inside sings "la! la! la! la!" (in an incredibly loud and screechy voice).

I mention this mainly because the phrase my son used struck me, and because their building process reminded me a bit of what my writing process has been like sometimes, especially lately, which is to say, lately I've been trying to cram together a bunch of things that don't fit together right, but once I get a big enough pile, I figure I might as well start climbing on it.

The "la, la, la," well, I'm working to get a handle on that, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Don said...

I like this "tra la la" analogy here. Poetry is a child-like activity, and we're all showing each other's pillow forts. I keep building mine, knocking them down, building more. I'm not even listening for the song anymore.

8/16/2006 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger