Sunday, May 07, 2006

Link to Poets and Writers Article

What struck me about the article "The X Files: Confessions of a Cranky Lit-Mag Editor" is that the author, Peter Selgin, coeditor of the literary journal Alimentum, made rejecting submissions sound kind of fun, like he was doing a service to humanity.

(I wonder if I can get Alimentum to reject me.)

Of course, you can't read Selgin's article at the Poets and Writers site. You have to buy the mag. But there are other things to read there. Steve Almond's article about his collaboration with Julianna Baggot is available, and it's worth a read.

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn Ingersoll said...

Did I overlook the poetry that Alimentum publishes? That is, I didn't see any.

Of course, you could write an essay about food. Why, even I could write an essay about food. Altho, these days, I suspect I'd end up writing the essay about acid indigestion, the rejection of which would cause more.

5/13/2006 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger